A bit off the end

Decided yesterday to go home a week early. For some reason I always felt a little funny about that last week, especially when the school asked me how many weeks I was staying and I said 11. I think I miscounted at the time and should have said 12, or else I was ambivalent about the last week because I was thinking I would use it entirely for sightseeing instead. But Anna and I miss each othet too much, that's what it boils down to.

So instead of having almost a month left, I have less than three weeks. I made a reservation at a hotel for the last two nights so I can have time to fully pack up and clean out the apartment. I'll have to make a decision about some things I bought and can't take home, or don't want to -- like the five cheap black t-shirts I got from Amazon for $22. I'm definitely taking the single-bed comforter that I got, even if I don't have room in my suitcase. I'll mail it home -- it's lightweight.

Above, a very tiny part of a huge demonstration that took place Sunday. Something to do with public health workers and protesting the privatization of clinics. About half a million people were in the protest. Here's a story from El Pais.

Popular Posts