More Gran Vía

The same view of Gran Vía plaza as last night (see previous blog entry)

Overview from the McDonalds second-floor dining room.

Here's what the cheering crowds look like. In the picture there are three women in the center; no idea what was happening there. After I went back downstairs I couldn't see over the crowds.

These pictures are from today around 5 pm; sunset was 40 minutes later. There's a real chill in the air.

Dig the giant steel Xmas tree. This is just one of the hundreds of structures that will soon be illuminated at night in Madrid. (There's even one right out side my apartment window, a cube meant to suggest a boxed Xmas gift.) I remember them from the trip Anna and I took in 2019 at New Year's, when the lights were still up and illuminated. They are impressive and pretty.

After I took these pictures I walked around trying to find the singing men, whom I thought I'd heard. Never found them.

Popular Posts