So they're still here and among us

I took a walk after staying in the apartment and studying early this afternoon, and then I finally went out for lunch -- supposedly. often when I go out to eat get something to eat I end up someplace else. a lot of times what I do in Madrid foils down to how strong my legs feel. and if they feel good and strong, that means I can walk. so I take the opportunity to take long walks because he keeps the weight off and it's just good for me all around. when my legs are not strong, I limp, and walking is slow and uncomfortable. so when I found that my lights were strong today, instead of stopping to eat somewhere I took off on a walk in a direction that I hadn't walked before. I found myself going to the southwest and wound up at the Palacio royale, the Royal palace, both of which are absolutely enormous. but before I got to them, I passed by the Opera house, which I hadn't seen before either. in front of the Opera House I saw a rally. Sunday is the day for demonstrations and rallies here in madrid, so I didn't think much of it until a speaker came to a pause and the audience started chanting "Franco, Franco, Franco." They were only about 100 or 150 of them, mostly over 60 years old, but that's just who feels like going to a rally on a nice Sunday afternoon. I'm sure the young fascists are out shopping with their girlfriends, playing football, or sleeping off last night's parties.

Popular Posts